Applying for Admission to the M.D./Ph.D. Program
Admission to the College of Medicine and the M.D./Ph.D. Program are two separate application processes. Please follow the procedures to assure consideration in both. Applying to one does not automatically include the applicant in the application process of the other.
Pay attention to the deadlines.
The American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS)
- AMCAS deadline is October 1.
- M.D./Ph.D. deadline (application, letters of recommendation, $25.00 fee payment) is October 1.
- College of Medicine supplemental deadline information (with $85.00 fee payment) is November 1.
Applications for admission to the College of Medicine and the M.D./Ph.D. program are processed through AMCAS (the AMCAS deadline is October 1).
Application by Current Graduate Students to the M.D./Ph.D. Program
- Designate "The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine." AMCAS will forward the application to the College of Medicine.
- Designate the "Combined Medical Degree/Ph.D." This will identify interest in the M.D./Ph.D. Program and be noted during the regular admission process for the College of Medicine.
- In addition to the "Personal Comments" essay required on AMCAS, also complete the two essay questions for the "Combined Medical Degree/Ph.D." track (reasons for wishing to pursue the combined MD/PhD degree and description of significant research experience, specific research supervisor, duration, nature of the problem, and contribution to the research).
Applications for the M.D./Ph.D. Program will be considered from graduate students prior to completing the general examination and admission to candidacy. Graduate students will not be accepted after they have started their dissertation.
Application by Current Medical School Students to the M.D./Ph.D. Program
Applications for the M.D./Ph.D. Program will be considered from medical students through their second year as long as they show research experience and maintain a medical school GPA of 3.0 or above.